Sunday, August 3, 2008

Award Winning Chili

Here is a recipe from my sister's mother in law from Texas. I've tweaked it to adapt to my taste. It just won first place in a Chili cook off. Let me know how you like it!

3 cans of Red Kidney beans (dark or light...doesn't matter....drained)
1 can of S&W "Chili Makins" (Found at Stater Bros in the chili can aisle)
2 cans Mexican style diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 big can of tomato sauce (I use 1 jar of Ragu Spaghetti sauce)
2 bell peppers (chopped)
1 small white onion (finely diced)
2 tsp Lawry's seasoned pepper (comes in a blue spice container)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned salt
1 tbsp butter
2 cans of Kirkland roast beef (drained)

Saute the onion, pepper, and butter. Mix all ingredients together in a crock pot. Cook for eight hours on low. (If you're a vegetarian, it tastes just as good in my opinion without the meat.)

(The next time I make it, I'll post a picture)

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Thanks for posting this! It was so good when you made it the other night. I only hope I can duplicate it!