Friday, August 8, 2008

Strawberry Cake

Another easy one. It's so good, I get requests from the kids teachers whenever they are in need of cupcakes. :)

1 White Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on box
1 single serving strawberry yogurt (I like the fruit on the bottom one)

Mix cake mix according to box directions, blending in the yogurt last.
Bake according to box directions. You HAVE to have it with this frosting:

Cream Cheese Cool Whip Frosting
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8-12 ounces Cool Whip

Blend all ingredients together, blending the Cool Whip in last. I use the most Cool Whip to make the frosting go farther, especially when I make cupcakes. I use a pastry bag with a large icing tip to swirl it up, just like the ones in the store that mom's spend a fortune on ---okay I've bought them too in a pinch! :)
Anyway, top off your frosted cake with some of those sugar sweetened frozen sliced strawberries. Yum!
Oh, I use this frosting for other stuff too. It's the best for Fruit Pizza!

No comments: