Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Southwest Burritos

Here's a recipe I learned in a food storage class:

flour tortillas

1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can diced potatoes, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed, drained

Mix the contents of the cans in a skillet over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve in tortillas.

I actually diced half an onion, browned it in the skillet and then added the contents of the cans. I added some cumin and sprinkled pepper. You could add chili pepper too. I added some chopped bell pepper for color. You could serve this with sour cream or salsa... whatever you like. It's great rolled in tortillas or scooped up with big crunchy corn chips. Feeds a small army. Pretty good!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

The sounds good with the potatoes. I have a good recipe that is similar (but no potatoes), and you add a packet of ranch dressing mix, weird huh? But it's really good. Maybe I'll post that one sometime.

MomOnAMission said...

Ranch dressing mix is versatile and a great thing to keep in storage. I love the recipes like this that are very flexible and forgiving. You can do so much with them with whatever you have in your cabinets. Post the other recipe Jennifer!